I just want to be clear that I am not actually in quarantine. Here in Tampa, FL, there is a mandate that only essential business be open and to go outside only when necessary. For me, wanting gummy bears warrants a walk around the corner to the nearest convenience store. Please don't judge me or call me stupid, but it is a shame that my sweet tooth is just that lethal.
I've been trying hard to find things to do during this time. Here are some ideas:
Making a rituals out of your hygiene routine instead of just going through the motions
This follows naturally: bubbles baths
And candles
Taking walks
Bike riding
Reading
Journals/reflections
Painting/drawing portraits/landscapes/objects
Learning a language
Free online learning
Becoming financially literate
Doing your taxes if you're late on that like I am :(
Don't give up on applying for jobs but ease into it and network :)
Mood boards and/or journals
Vision boards and/or journals
Discover music
1-year, 5-year, and 10-year goals (might help with perspective)
If possible, making time/games to bond with your family
Phone calls, texts, zoom
Virtual dates/dinner parties/dance parties
Cleaning and organizing
Videogame quests/vibes/practice
I think hardest for me has been trying to plan while also feeling like the next year of my life just disappeared. Relying totally on distant communication and interaction is intimidating. I'm not sure the best way to articulate my feelings around the subject, so I'll check out for now.
peace,
Faith
No comments:
Post a Comment